Terms of Service
An Introduction to Rehabmedo’s Terms of Service
Welcome to Rehabmedo! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to share and grow the rehabilitation professional's knowledge.
The Rehabmedo platform offers a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers.
This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- You own the content that you post;
you also grant us and other users of the Rehabmedo platform certain rights and license to use it. The details of these licenses are described in section 3(c) below.
- You are responsible for the content that you post.
This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from Rehabmedo elsewhere,
provided that you attribute the content back to the Rehabmedo platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users.
Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the Rehabmedo platform. Posts from therapists, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- You agree to follow the rules of our platform.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints.
If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or Rehabmedo's policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us portal or by using our in-product reporting tool.
We are pleased that you want to join the Rehabmedo platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Rehabmedo Terms of Service
Welcome to Rehabmedo! Rehabmedo is a platform to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) sets forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Rehabmedo. (“Rehabmedo” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our web and applications (collectively the “Rehabmedo Platform”).
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the Rehabmedo Platform, you consent to these terms.
- The Mission of the Rehabmedo Platform Rehabmedo's mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. The Rehabmedo Platform is a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- Using the Rehabmedo Platform
- Who Can Use It. This platform is designed for the rehabilitation professionals and public above 17 years of age. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use.
- Acceptable Use Policy. In your interaction with others on the Rehabmedo Platform, you agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
- Termination You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your Rehabmedo account if you violate any Rehabmedo policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the Rehabmedo Platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the Rehabmedo Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- Feedback. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Rehabmedo Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at Rehabmedo.com/contact. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Your Content
- Definition of Your Content. The Rehabmedo Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the Rehabmedo Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Rehabmedo Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the Rehabmedo Platform, you grant Rehabmedo and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the Rehabmedo Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing of the Rehabmedo Platform or our business partners, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for Rehabmedo to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with Rehabmedo for the syndication, broadcast, communication and making available to the public, distribution or publication of Your Content on the Rehabmedo Platform or through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the Rehabmedo Platform to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, display, and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service. If you do not wish to allow your answers to be translated by other users, you can globally opt-out of translation in your profile settings or you can designate certain answers not for translation.
- Once you post an answer to a question, you may edit or delete your answer at any time from public display on http://www.rehabmedo.com, except in the case of anonymously posted answers. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of www.rehabmedo.com. Rehabmedo may remove suspected spam from your answers. Once you post a question, it may be edited or deleted by other users or by Rehabmedo at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users. The right for Rehabmedo to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that Rehabmedo may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Rehabmedo, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the Rehabmedo Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content.By posting Your Content on the Rehabmedo Platform, you represent and warrant to us that:
- you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and
- that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate Rehabmedo’s Acceptable Use Policy, Copyright Policy, Trademark Policy, other published Rehabmedo policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the Rehabmedo Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the Rehabmedo marks, the Rehabmedo logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of Rehabmedo , or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other Rehabmedo users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data. All data Rehabmedo collects (“Data”) about use of the Rehabmedo Platform by you or others is the property of Rehabmedo, its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You.
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the Rehabmedo Platform in connection with your use of the Rehabmedo Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Rehabmedo gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that: (a) the content in question was added to the Rehabmedo Platform after Jan 26, 2019; (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the Rehabmedo Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute Rehabmedo by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link , linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on http://Rehabmedo.com on every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by Rehabmedo or a user, you remove the user's name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by Rehabmedo or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the Rehabmedo Platform; and (g) upon request, either by Rehabmedo or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the Rehabmedo Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by Rehabmedo, or any Rehabmedo user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the Rehabmedo Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- Permitted uses. If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access the Rehabmedo Platform, subject to the following additional rules: (a) you must use a descriptive user agent header; (b) you must follow robots.txt at all times; (c) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of the Rehabmedo Platform’s functioning; and (d) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the Rehabmedo Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the Rehabmedo Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the Rehabmedo Platform by anyone.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of Rehabmedo's users or Rehabmedo. The content, information and services made available on the Rehabmedo Platform are protected by INDIA and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
- More About Certain Offerings on the Rehabmedo Platform
- Advertisements. The Rehabmedo Platform may include advertisements, which may be targeted to content or information on the Rehabmedo Platform, queries made through the Rehabmedo Platform, or other information, in an effort to make them relevant to you. The types and extent of advertising by Rehabmedo are subject to change. In consideration for Rehabmedo granting you access to and use of the Rehabmedo Platform, you agree that Rehabmedo and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Rehabmedo Platform. If you wish to become an advertiser, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about providing advertising services on the Rehabmedo Platform.
- Legal, Medical & Other Professional Contributors. Some users who post content are members of legal, medical, and other licensed professions (collectively, “Professional Contributors”). Content posted by Professional Contributors should be not be relied on as a substitute for advice from a professional that is appropriate for your specific situation. Rehabmedo has provided certain disclaimer template language that Professional Contributors may edit and incorporate in their answers. Ethics rules differ by state or location, and it is the responsibility of Professional Contributors to determine and provide disclaimers appropriate for their profession and the content provided.
- Buttons, Links and Widgets. You have permission to use Rehabmedo's buttons, links, and widgets, subject to these Terms of Service (including the disclaimers and limitations of liability) and provided that: (a) your use of such buttons, links and widgets link only to the Rehabmedo Platform; (b) you will not modify such buttons, links, or widgets or associated code in any manner; (c) you will not use any such buttons, links, or widgets in any manner which implies or suggests that Rehabmedo endorses, sponsors, or recommends the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used; and (d) the use of such buttons, links and widgets, and the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used do not violate Rehabmedo’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Web resources and third-party services. The Rehabmedo Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
- Services that Require Separate Agreement. Certain features or services may require that you enter into a separate and supplemental written agreement prior to use.
- Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, Rehabmedo Policies, or Applicable Laws
We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of Rehabmedo policies or applicable laws.
- Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. We have adopted and implemented a Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. For more information, including detailed information about how to submit a request for takedown if you believe content on the Rehabmedo Platform infringes your intellectual property rights, please read our Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. For your convenience, we provide you the following Copyright Infringement Claim Form and Trademark Infringement Claim Form, which you should use, as applicable, for fastest processing.
- Reports of Other Violations. If you believe content on the Rehabmedo Platform violates Rehabmedo’s Acceptable Use Policy or otherwise violates applicable law (apart from copyright or trademark violations) or other Rehabmedo policies, you may submit the following Other Infringement Claim Form.
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF REHABMEDO ENTITIES TO YOU.
“REHABMEDO ENTITIES” MEANS REHABMEDO, AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM, ALONG WITH OUR CONTENT AND MATERIALS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, REHABMEDO ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USEAGE.
- REHABMEDO MAKES NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY; (ii) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM, INCLUDING AN INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER OR PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR; (iii) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT. REHABMEDO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (a) THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (b) THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (c) THE RESULTS OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE USE OF THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM, A PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY OTHER USER WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (d) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED OR PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM WILL BE SATISFACTORY.
- YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, REHABMEDO ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, REHABMEDO ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM.
- YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM IS TO STOP USING THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, REHABMEDO’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO REHABMEDO IN CONNECTION WITH THE REHABMEDO PLATFORM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
- Indemnification You agree to release, indemnify, and defend Rehabmedo Entities from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of the Rehabmedo Platform, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of the Rehabmedo Platform, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.
- Dispute Resolution
This Agreement and any action arising out of your use of the Rehabmedo Platform will be governed by the laws of INDIA without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. Unless submitted to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph, all claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with your use of the Rehabmedo Platform will be brought solely in Chennai, INDIA, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) under this Agreement where the total amount of the award sought is less than Rs.10,000 INR, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. The party electing such arbitration will initiate the arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, as selected by the party initiating the arbitration; b) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- General Terms
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that Rehabmedo is operated in the INDIA and will be deemed to be solely based in Kanchipuram and a passive service for purposes of jurisdictional analysis. For any claims for which arbitration is inapplicable, you agree that such claims will be brought in federal or state court in Tamilnadu and governed by laws of IPC, without regard to any conflict of law provisions.
- Use Outside of the INDIA. Rehabmedo expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Rehabmedo Platform complies with all applicable laws and regulations outside of the INDIA. If you use the Rehabmedo Platform outside of the INDIA, you expressly understand and agree that you are responsible for determining compliance with different laws, regulations, or customs that may apply in connection with your use of the Rehabmedo Platform.
- Export. The Rehabmedo Platform is controlled and operated from our INDIA office in Kanchipuram. Rehabmedo software is subject to INDIA export controls. No software for Rehabmedo may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of any applicable laws or regulations. You represent that you are not (1) located in a country that is subject to an INDIAN government embargo, or that has been designated by the INDIAN government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and (2) listed on any INDIAN government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Applications and Mobile Devices. If you access the Rehabmedo Platform through a Rehabmedo application, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and Rehabmedo only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access the Rehabmedo Platform through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
- Survival. The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: Section 2(e)(Termination), 2(g)(Feedback), Section 3(Your Content), Section4(a)-(b) and (d)-(f)(Our Content and Materials), Section 8 (Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability), Section 9 (Indemnification), Sections 10 (Dispute Resolution), and Section 11 (General Terms).
- Assignment. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
- Electronic Communications. You consent to receive communications from us by email in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically will satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability. This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Rehabmedo Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Rehabmedo Platform (except as to services that require separate written agreement with us, in addition to this Agreement). If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Interpretation. In construing or interpreting the terms of this Agreement: (i) the headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and are not to be considered, and (ii) no presumption is to operate in either party’s favor as a result of its counsel’s role in drafting this Agreement.
- Notices. All notices permitted or required under this Agreement, unless specified otherwise in this Agreement, must be sent in writing as follows in order to be valid: (i) if to you, by us via email to the address associated with your account, and (ii) if to us, by you via firstname.lastname@example.org. Notices will be deemed given (a) if to you, when emailed, and (b) if to us, on receipt by us.
- Relationship. This Agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Waiver. No waiver of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Further Assurances. You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and to take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Contact. Feel free to contact us through Rehabmedo.com/contact with any questions about these terms. Rehabmedo, 41 murugammal nagar, velingapattarai, orikkai, kanchipuram 631502.
Acceptable Use Policy
Rehabmedo is a place that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge. We believe if people don’t feel safe they can’t contribute to knowledge or listen to another person’s point of view. The following rules help everyone on Rehabmedo have a safe experience.
Be Nice, Be Respectful
Follow Rehabmedo's Be Nice, Be Respectful policy (“BNBR”), which includes the following:
Engage with Others in a Constructive Way
Assume everyone on Rehabmedo is here to make the platform a great resource with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and opinions. It is OK to disagree, but please be civil, respectful, and considerate to other posters.
No Hate Speech
Rehabmedo is a place for civil discourse and does not tolerate content that attacks or disparages an individual or group based on race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic. Any generalizations about these topics should be phrased as neutrally as possible.
No Harassment and Bullying
Abusive behavior directed towards private individuals is not allowed. Repeated and unwanted contact constitutes a form of harassment. Content should not make threats against others or advocate violence, including self-harm.
Respect the Rights of Others
Identity and Deceptive Activity
Your Rehabmedo profile should use your real name or legally incorporated business nameand use accurate and truthful credentials. Do not use Rehabmedo to impersonate another person, act as another entity without authorization, or create multiple accounts.
Intellectual Property and Personal Rights
Do not post content that infringes any intellectual property or personal right of another party. Writing taken from another source should be properly attributed and block quoted. Learn More.
Respect the Rehabmedo Platform
Do not use Rehabmedo to post or attract spam.
No Malicious or Illegal Activity
Do not contribute viruses, malware, and other malicious programs or engage in activity that harms or interferes with the operation of Rehabmedo or seeks to circumvent security or authentication measures. Do not use Rehabmedo to engage in unlawful activity or to promote illegal acts.
Abide by Other Rehabmedo Policies
Follow Rehabmedo's other policies, which Rehabmedo may add or change from time to time.
If you see something on Rehabmedo that you believe violates our guidelines or policies, please report it to us using the in-product reporting tool, or via our contact form.
Violating the Acceptable Use Policy may result in the removal of content, or in the limitation or termination of a user’s access to Rehabmedo.
What is Rehabmedo's "Be Nice, Be Respectful" policy?
A core Rehabmedo principle ("Be Nice, Be Respectful") requires that people treat other people on the site with civility, respect, and consideration. Assume that others on the site are also trying to make it a great resource. Respect opposing or differing opinions, beliefs and conclusions. Try to listen to and understand others you may disagree with. Encourage others on the site to also be welcoming and respectful.
Attacking people or content
Personal attacks are not allowed on Rehabmedo, nor are disrespectful or insulting attacks directed at other people's content. People should be civil and respectful in disagreement with others and should not (1) make attacks or otherwise disparage other people, (2) refer to other people's content with insulting or disrespectful language, (3) harass others on the site or (4) advocate self-harm, even in a joking manner. These behaviors hurt the Rehabmedo community and deter users from helping to create a better resource.
Do your best to see the world from the perspective of the person who posted the question (the original poster ["OP"]) or answer. It is often not helpful to criticize or challenge the fundamental beliefs of the OP (in an answer) or answerer (in a comment). For example, in responding to the question "Is it OK to only go to church on Easter?", the following answer would be considered disrespectful and is not allowed: "There is no God and religious rituals are a waste of time." Use good judgement and be empathetic. Answers and comments that challenge the fundamental beliefs of an OP or answerer will be held to a very high standard re: Be Nice, Be Respectful.
Comment threads & how to disagree in comments
In general, comment threads on Rehabmedo are interactions among strangers. Given that another person on the site may be new to Rehabmedo and/or doesn't know you, we require a higher level of politeness than other interactive platforms where users know one another and/or where more adversarial social norms are established and tolerated. A key goal of the Be Nice, Be Respectful policy is ensure that comments do not discourage or intimidate other people on Rehabmedo.
Disagreement and debate on Rehabmedo is encouraged and is often important to making the page more helpful. It is OK to disagree as long as your comments are civil, respectful, and polite, and as long as you give the impression of assuming good will on the part of the person you are disagreeing with. A good way of framing this test is: "If I am new to Rehabmedo and / or don't know you, would it be reasonable for me to perceive your comment as hostile or disrespectful toward me or what I've written?" The answer should be no.
In multi-comment threads where there is significant disagreement among people, a person should stop commenting on the thread before creating the reasonable impression that they are harassing, attacking, and/or bullying another person.
Examples of behaviors that violate the "Be Nice, Be Respectful" policy include:
- Personal attacks, including hurtful, insulting, or hostile comments.
- Making unjustified accusations against other user(s).
- Engaging in a pattern of behaviour that constitutes harassment of a targeted person or persons, e.g., by making threats, repeated annoying and unwanted contacts, repeated personal attacks, or posting personal information.
- Racial, sexual, homophobic, ageist, religious, political, ethnic, or other epithets directed against another contributor.
- Using someone's affiliations as a means of dismissing or discrediting their views (this does not include pointing out a conflict of interest of relevance to the discussion at hand).
- Speculating on the real life identity of an anonymous user.
Harassment is defined as offensive behavior that appears to a reasonable observer to have the purpose of adversely affecting a targeted person or persons. The intended outcome may be to make using Rehabmedo unpleasant for the target, to undermine them, or to discourage them from editing and using the site. Examples of harassment include (but are not limited to): (1) making threats, (2) repeated annoying and unwanted contacts, (3) posting the personal information of another person, (4) using sexually explicit, profane, adversarial, or flirtatious language toward another person if such language would likely make the person uncomfortable.
Users are not allowed to post content or adopt a tone that would be interpreted by a reasonable observer as a form of hate speech, particularly toward a race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political group, sexual orientation or another similar characteristic. Questions and question details about generalizations in these topics should be phrased as neutrally and respectfully as possible.
Retaliation is not OK
It is never OK to violate the Be Nice, Be Respectful policy, even in response to another person who has violated the policy.
Please note that the Be Nice, Be Respectful policy also pertains to content posted by users who no longer use Rehabmedo.
Racial and ethnic slurs
Using any of the words on Wikipedia's list of ethnic slurs is not allowed in questions, answers, or comments, unless the purpose is to ask a sincere question about the usage/background of the word.
The Be Nice, Be Respectful policy applies to Messages on Rehabmedo.
- Content that violates this policy may be reported to and removed by admins, and violations of this policy can result in a warning, comment blocking, an edit-block, or a ban.
- Depending on the severity of the Be Nice, Be Respectful violation, a user may be banned immediately (i.e., without waiting for content warnings or edit-blocks). People who appear to be using Rehabmedo for the primary purpose of harassing others may be banned without warning.
Block first before reporting violations
If you feel that another person is violating this policy with respect to you or your content, you should block them in addition to reporting them to moderation.
Banning users in terrorist groups
Rehabmedo will ban and delete all the content of any user who is a confirmed and/or declared member of any group on the U.S. State Department list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations.
At Rehabmedo, we expect our users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. All capitalized terms used in the Rehabmedo Copyright Policy have the same meaning as defined in the Rehabmedo Terms of Service, which incorporates this policy by reference into its terms.
Discouragement of Copyright Infringement
We ask users of Rehabmedo to take care to avoid infringing copyrights of others. If you infringe copyrights of others, Your Content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
Recourse for Copyright Owners: Reporting Complaints with a DMCA Notice
We also provide a mechanism for copyright owners, or those authorized to act on behalf of an owner of a copyright, to report infringing use of their content on the Rehabmedo Platform. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to our Copyright Agent. We provide you the requirements of a proper complaint below. For your convenience, the entire text of the DMCA can be found online at: http://www.copyright.gov/legisla....
In order to provide us a DMCA complaint notice that complies with the DMCA's requirements (“DMCA Notice”), you should:
- Provide your contact information, including your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works are covered in your DMCA Notice, you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient for us to locate each instance of allegedly infringing material that you are requesting to be removed or disabled. (For example, by providing each URL where the material may be found on the Rehabmedo Platform.)
- Include the following statements in the body of the DMCA Notice:
I declare that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).
I declare that the information in this DMCA Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Include a physical or electronic signature (e.g. typing your printed name)
- Deliver this DMCA Notice, with all items completed to the Designated Copyright Agent for Rehabmedo, at:
Attn: Copyright Agent copyright@Rehabmedo.com
Attn: Copyright Agent
Rehabmedo, 41, murugammal nagar,velingapattarai, Orikkai, Kanchipuram 631502. Tamilnadu, INDIA
For your convenience, we provide you with this web form to complete and send via email if you wish to report copyright infringement.
For fastest handling, use our web form. If you use an alternative method, it may delay us in processing your request.
If There Is a Copyright Complaint Against You
If you receive a notice that a posting or portion of Your Content has been removed or suspended due to a copyright complaint, that means that we removed it at the request of a content owner. If you believe the material was removed in error, you have the option to file a DMCA counter-notification (the proper format for such counter-notice is defined below). When we receive a proper counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who originally complained about the alleged copyright violation. If we do not receive a notice from the original complainant within 10 business days, stating that the original complainant is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the content at issue, we will clear the complaint from your account’s record, and, at our discretion, we may replace the content that was removed.
How to File a DMCA Counter Notification
Please note that there are potentially seriously consequences for fraudulent or bad faith submissions of DMCA notifications or counter notifications. Such consequences may be imposed pursuant to the DMCA under Section 512(f). Before submitting a counter-notification, you should be sure that you are the actual rights holder of the content removed or that you have a good faith belief that content was erroneously removed. It is important to make sure that you understand the repercussions of submitting a false counter notification.
A proper counter notification should be sent by replying to the email notice you received, or by sending it to Rehabmedo's Copyright Agent as provided above, and it should contain the following:
- Your name, address, and telephone number
- The URLs of the content that was removed or disabled by us (you can copy and paste the link provided in the notification email)
- The following statements:
I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address is located, or if my address is outside the INDIA, for any judicial district in which Rehabmedo is located. I will accept service of process from the claimant of copyright of infringement.
I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your physical or electronic signature (e.g., typing your full name)
At Rehabmedo, we expect our users to respect the intellectual property rights of others. All capitalized terms used in the Rehabmedo Trademark Policy have the same meaning as defined in the Rehabmedo Terms of Service, which incorporates this policy by reference into its terms.
Discouragement of Trademark Infringement on Rehabmedo
Trademarks should not be used in any way that causes confusion about source of goods or sponsorship. If you infringe trademarks of others, Your Content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of others.
Recourse for Trademark Owners
If you are trademark owner who believes your trademark has been infringed on Rehabmedo, we provide a mechanism for you to notify us of your concerns. To help us respond appropriately, we ask you to provide us the following information:
- Your full name and contact information, including address, phone number, and email contact
- Identification of the trademark and evidence of registration rights
- Your relationship to the owner of the trademark rights
- Reasonably identification for us (e.g., URL link) of the location on the Rehabmedo Platform where you believe infringement has occurred
- A short description of why you believe the use in question infringes your trademark rights
- Verification that all of the information in your report of infringement is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the use of the intellectual property, described in the manner you have complained about, is not authorized by the rights owners, its agent, or the law; and that you are the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive intellectual property that allegedly is infringed
For your convenience, we provide you with this web form to complete if you wish to report trademark infringement.
For fastest handling, use our web form. If you use an alternative method, it may delay us in processing your request.